Find an account type you want to transfer from on the left and trace it to the type of account you want to transfer to at the top.
- After the individual has participated in the SIMPLE IRA for two years.
- Not through a direct rollover, may be transferred by way of a conversion process.
- Pre-tax amounts only.
- Only in a trustee-to-trustee transfer.
- Amounts received under a SIMPLE 401(k) plan may not be rolled over to another SIMPLE 401(k) plan because a SIMPLE 401(k) plan may only receive elective and matching contributions.
- Must be an in-plan conversion.
- Any amount distributed must be rolled over by means of a direct, trustee-to-trustee, transfer to be excludable from income.
- Limited to one ‘indirect’ rollover in any 12-month period effective January 1st, 2015; trustee-to-trustee transfers are not limited.